Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Show them. Current, sold, project or the one you should not have sold or the one that ruined you. I'm curious!

Chris

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Current driver. '64 Fairlane 500, 289, C4. Pretty much bone stock except for an alternator. Just put new tires on it last week.

By weslake at 2010-01-23

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Opel manta I built in Britain
I pulled a 2.3 from junkyard and had it bored 0.030" over, cam, ported a bit and 'Rally' exhaust system.
Would cruise at 125mph about 147 at redline
I also dod the suspension so it was lowered a bit all round

Before that, I built a Vauxhall Chevette for a 2.3.
Did all the body and suspension and brakes then sold it with 'stock' 1200cc motor before I finished it
Alfa Romeo 'SUD' hed to rebuild the complete front end, then, the clutch failed about 200 miles from home.
drove it anyway, transmission didn't seem to care
Latest project is 1976 Firebird Formula 400 (6.6 litre, last of the round headlights)
It's a lot more expensive than a small block Chevy and much more expensive than bike (although individual components are pretty cheap, one isn't much good when you need 8 ;))
It's going to take a long time to get this one done

·
Registered
373 Posts
1951 Ford Club Coupe, mostly stock, best flathead I ever built. Sold.

1963 Fairlane, this was the family car for a while. Late '60's 289 motor. Still got it.

Rebulding the rear end...

1940 Ford Coupe, 455 Olds motor, original paint. A buddy has it now...

A little of my handy work...

A little, no, a lot of fun!

The Motor

·
Registered
10,489 Posts

1948 Dodge
I think its actually going to a new home in the morning

1979 MG midget
trying to get motivated to do something with it this winer

1967 Chevy 108
REALLY miss this.

2008 VW R32
The daily

Also had
2004 Jaguar X-type
2002 Jaguar x type
1991 jimmy
1979 Elcamino hot rod
1986 trans am gta clone....every one should have a 3rd gen....makes everything so much better....lol

·
Registered
10,489 Posts
you really do fail at this picture thing....

·
Registered
19 Posts
Clearly I am bad at it!! Look on Geeto's FB page!! I put it there until he can put it here for me!! Why ya gotta make this page so hard to use? I just wanna post some lame pics!! ; )

Cheers,
A.D.

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Haven't driven it in two years;

Old plow truck w/4000lbs of concrete in the bed. Really tore some shit up that winter;

Sometimes I still work on dirty cars

When I get too old to do physically active things I get me one of these;

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I have you all beat. My car is/was the most awesomest ever. Hands. Fucking. Down.

Sold this sucker a while back. Made a pretty sweet ad listing for it: http://stuff.jarrettdawson.com/1991 Honda Accord CL Ad.html

"The bad:
1. No A/C.
2. No radio.
3. Driver's side door DOES NOT OPEN. Period.
4. Driver's window and rear right windows DO NOT OPEN. Get used to it.
5. The passenger door handle is gone! You have to pull the latch with the little metal rod in the picture!
6. The front right wheel makes a clunky noise, and has done so reliably for about 5 years! It's not the CV joint, as far as I can tell the boot is still intact and not even leaking grease.
7. Started making a new 'buzzing noise' recently. Don't know why!
8. Speedometer only works about half of the time. The other half you have to guess, or estimate from the tachometer.

The good:
1. Good tires.
2. Clean interior and trunk.
3. Transmission and engine real reliable-never had any trouble with them for 10 years.
4. Lots of maintenance was done in 2006 by a Honda certified mechanic: hoses, belts, CV joints, and all kinds of awesome stuff. We're talking like $3,000 or more worth of work, here. When he was done, he said "This car needs nothing." So far, so good.
5. Seat belts! Yeah! We got em!
6. Heater works! You'll be needing that this winter."

Deal with it, bitches.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
quote:Originally posted by AD_69

Maybe this will work...

Cheers,
A.D.
hahaha......

ad.....

ok.....im going to pm you very specific instructions.

like...retard simple ones.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice Mopar, Jaguar... too bad about the extra doors. I had a '51 Dodge Coronet Club Coupe and '50 Plymouth Business Coupe - both of those sparked an unending love affair with inline 6 cylinder engines and the Dodge sounded like a swarm of angry bees coming down the hill with the dual 1-1/2" straight pipes.

Chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
1974 BMW 2002, my DD. 4 Speed, dual 40 DCOE's, MSD ignition, 22mm sway bars,strut bars, recaro's, etc,etc..

1 - 20 of 79 Posts