Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lots of custom stuff there, single seat conversion, wombats, carbs, ect. Not worth $9500 to me, but easily has that much in work alone

·
Registered
237 Posts
Lots of custom stuff there, single seat conversion, wombats, carbs, ect. Not worth $9500 to me, but easily has that much in work alone

·
Registered
546 Posts
Very cool looking bike but i agree over priced.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Very cool looking bike but i agree over priced.

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's pretty...pretty expensive...HA!!

·
Registered
854 Posts
It's pretty...pretty expensive...HA!!

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I know that bike, it would cost $20K to build if you wanted a replica. That bike has been through two owners on the cb1100f.net board and is kinda well known. something tells me that is a scam post, since that bike is well documented on the web and the owner would have put that in the ad (also there is no mention of it on the cb1100f board and the owner is a very active member)

BTW, note the cb1100R engine covers....no, they ain't just gold plated.

oh, and cb1100f's were made for 2 years, possibly 3. 1982-1983, and maybe 1981 (it is in dispute).

if it was for real and only $9500 I would snap it up in a heartbeat (if I had $9500)

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
I know that bike, it would cost $20K to build if you wanted a replica. That bike has been through two owners on the cb1100f.net board and is kinda well known. something tells me that is a scam post, since that bike is well documented on the web and the owner would have put that in the ad (also there is no mention of it on the cb1100f board and the owner is a very active member)

BTW, note the cb1100R engine covers....no, they ain't just gold plated.

oh, and cb1100f's were made for 2 years, possibly 3. 1982-1983, and maybe 1981 (it is in dispute).

if it was for real and only $9500 I would snap it up in a heartbeat (if I had $9500)

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not worth it . At all. This guy is has to be one of those that was forced into selling by his wife who wants an MG . Either that or he's on meth. $9500 can buy way cool bike than a cb1100F . I love the CB1100F but for that $$$ I can buy a well made Triton or even a nice Rickmann if I shop around . Hell, Carpy's selling a Rickmann for less than that . Unless you had an MG you wanted to get rid of I'd hold your $$$ .

·
Registered
692 Posts
Not worth it . At all. This guy is has to be one of those that was forced into selling by his wife who wants an MG . Either that or he's on meth. $9500 can buy way cool bike than a cb1100F . I love the CB1100F but for that $$$ I can buy a well made Triton or even a nice Rickmann if I shop around . Hell, Carpy's selling a Rickmann for less than that . Unless you had an MG you wanted to get rid of I'd hold your $$$ .

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Wanker and anybody else who thinks it is overpriced,

it takes a certain appreciation of later bikes to understand what is going on with that cb1100F. It is called real speed parts.

Apparently a carpy hack job for less money is worth more to some than a bike that can stand up and deliver the goods. Someday you guys will understand cafe bikes are not about looks, it is about put up or shut up mods, and those who remember the early 1980s superbikes will understand why this is more of a cafe racer than any carpy contraption. A rickman is a beautiful bike and some of the fetch a lot of money, but it is ancient stone age tech compared to that 1100f. Brazed frames and 70hp don't even hold a candle to the revolution that the 80's superbikes caused.

The bike puts 130 hp to the rear wheels, clean hitting the rev limiter. It will pull another 8hp if you lift the limiter by 1000 rpms. I am pretty sure that there is more than $10000 in the motor on that bike. Hell the carbs are almost $700, not to mention the big bore kit, electronic iggy, head porting, etc....

about the only thing stock on that bike is the tank, the fairing, and the sidecovers.

cafe racers did not end with the 70's. In the US they were more popular in the early 1980s than in the 70's and 60's combined.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Geeto are you sure that is the bike you are thinking of? I mean i know it was the pictures but all the pictures were pulled shortly after this topic was posted. Do you know if he is selling it Geeto or is this just some smuck that is selling a cb110 and found pictures of his perfect one online to use?

·
Registered
5,782 Posts
I have an MG Midget if anybody wants to trade me a bike for it.

Ken

·
Registered
692 Posts
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

I have an MG Midget if anybody wants to trade me a bike for it.

Ken
Pics ?????? Them cool lil cars.[^]

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
quote:Originally posted by ZouLou

Geeto are you sure that is the bike you are thinking of? I mean i know it was the pictures but all the pictures were pulled shortly after this topic was posted. Do you know if he is selling it Geeto or is this just some smuck that is selling a cb110 and found pictures of his perfect one online to use?
I was talking solely about the bike in the pictures, the actual post was a scam post because I e-mailed the seller but got no reply. I was talking about only the bike known on the internets as "Da Beast".

$9500 for a run of the mill cb1100F is pretty high. They trade in the $2500-$4500 range usually.

If you ever get the chance to ride one they really are the best of the last original CB bikes. The only issue I had with the one I own is that they tend to run hot and I owned it in New Orleans during the summer. The bike was still dead reliable but it threw a lot of heat my way while riding, something that you don't want when you are in 100+ degree weather with 80% humidity. the bike made an honest 100rwhp and flat out hauled. For a 500lbs bike it would wheelie pretty easily too, even with my fat ass on it. The DOHC F bikes make excellent sport tourers (or since they are old enough cafe tourers?), and really comfy cafe bikes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts