Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
530, correct? not 525, 520, or any other oddball designation. You know ive never given alot of thought to this topic. Does it has to do with link length pin to pin or width or what. Someone here must have an answer

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
I just came across this as I was posting in another category, but I'll repeat it here anyway. The difference is in the pins and links, but the sprockets are the same. I was looking at a catalog that had D.I.D. as well as Regina, and they both had the recommendations for chain/engine size. They didn't get into 530 until you were into 750 to 1000 cc bikes. I don't care what the OEM was, if I can get by with a smaller, lighter chain that won't be stressed, I'll save the weight and money every time.

FR

·
Registered
699 Posts
yeah, i screwed up on my bike and ordered a 530 O-RING chaing...horrible choice. when it wears out, im going to a DID 520ERT chain. i love those chains.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
although... the sl 350 uses a clip rather than bolts to secure the countershaft sprocket... just tell em you want a 520 countershaft sprocket for a cb 350 to be sure

matt

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
huge horsepower robber compared to a straight 520

how long is that chain and maybe I could use it?

the 530 will beat up your 520 sprockets so waiting until you have worn out a good 530 chain may prove to be false economy

quote:Originally posted by 2smokeTyler

yeah, i screwed up on my bike and ordered a 530 O-RING chaing...horrible choice. when it wears out, im going to a DID 520ERT chain. i love those chains.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Someone told me the numbers are the pitch and width in 1/8ths. So a 530 is 5/8" pitch and 3/8" width. Is this right?

Scott

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
see the other thread under technical Spacers and bushings it is all explained in JB's chart.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
quote:Originally posted by imslow

yo dudes i am 25 posts away from 2000
Nice. I don't even know when I got three starz, maybe at 1000? I think I'm still a dirtbike though...

FR

1 - 14 of 14 Posts