Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I go another one, I am looking to build an Engine holder for my engine so I can paint it, clean it, etc......

I was thinking of making it out of wood, does anyone here have a drawing to use to make this?

Thanks

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Jc Whitney and Harbor freight sell car engine stands for usualy about $50. if you search CL in the autoparts section you can find them even cheaper used.

you can usually bolt the engine up sideways to these stands using grade eight bolts or the original mounting engine hardware or you can make adaptors using angle irons to bolt the engine straight on. The advantage of these stands is that you can rotate the engine 360 degrees to work on the underside (make sure it has no oil in it) and lock it in position at any angle.

If you are just looking for a rolling cart furniture dollies can be a good starting point. It just wont be bench or standig height.

I don't know of anything you can make to support the engine standing height, but

·
Registered
23,302 Posts
Jc Whitney and Harbor freight sell car engine stands for usualy about $50. if you search CL in the autoparts section you can find them even cheaper used.

you can usually bolt the engine up sideways to these stands using grade eight bolts or the original mounting engine hardware or you can make adaptors using angle irons to bolt the engine straight on. The advantage of these stands is that you can rotate the engine 360 degrees to work on the underside (make sure it has no oil in it) and lock it in position at any angle.

If you are just looking for a rolling cart furniture dollies can be a good starting point. It just wont be bench or standig height.

I don't know of anything you can make to support the engine standing height, but

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have seen guys cut up an old frame from the same model bike, and make a stand out of that. Mounted on a bench or a roller.

·
Registered
3,431 Posts
I have seen guys cut up an old frame from the same model bike, and make a stand out of that. Mounted on a bench or a roller.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts