Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any one has, or knows were I can get the large gear that goes inside the wheel hub for the speedometer?(69 cb 350)
Thanks

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
musky,
just so were all on the same page, youre looking for the drum brake variation correct?? i have a backing plate with the gear in it. since ive never taken one out, its a bit of a mystery, but im assuming that the drift pin in the back side of the plate is what holds it in. so if i pull that out, it'll release the gear. i dont have any tools really here at the house, so i'll have to haul it to the shop tomorrow and get the pin out and degrease it all. (not degrasse it).

also, another thought, this is from an unidentified backing plate. although i know for a fact it is from a 350 honda. the cl and cb had 2 different sized front wheels. i dont know for a fact that they made up the size difference in the gear at the hub or in some other way. either way, i have the gear, and i'll extract it tomorrow. i'll drop a note and let you know when the surgery was succesful. unless, you want the entire backing plate. if you want it, pay for the shipping and its yours. it has shoes and some of the levers and rods, but not everything. i dont mind just pulling the gear out though and that i'll send along for free.

joe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Joe,
Thanks for looking for me. I am not sure we are talking about the same gear in the brake hub. The one I am looking for is shaped like a ring and it turns the smaller gear that the speedo cable attaches to. I have an old cb 360 wheel and the gear (ring shaped) pulled right out with my fingers. If the hub you have has both gears to turn the speedometer I will take the whole thing.
Tim

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
ok, im a fahqer.....i looked and i think i only have one of those gears in my street bike. sorry. i dont know where the one got to that was in the backing plate i have with the other parts. im a loser.

i'll keep looking though. you should definitely keep looking yourself though.

joe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts