Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
yeah, but are we going to tell him how to remove the alternator rotor from the shaft???

I was SHOCKED, SHOCKED when I saw how that thing operated. those 3 little rollers . . . .

s

Edited by - imslow on Jul 13 2005 9:21:10 PM

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
PS. after you thread in the rod to remove the rotor, you'll probably use all your strength and nothing will happen and you'll be pissing and moaning that it won't come off.

Then take a medium ball-peen and give it a little whack and it'll pop right off. Weird physics at work, but it's what I've had to do several times.

JB, ayuh, I save those things too, but I never know why.

PS. i have a storage area where I have a bunch of printing stuff. Turns out Fairchild Semiconductor has a few thousand square feet there too. Last week all this stuff was going into dumpsters . . . . computers, stainless, all the shit you need to manufacture wafers. I asked if I could save something . . . there was a nikon photo microscope used for examining chips and wafers. unbelievable. and it works. Looking at the highest power is like looking at an electron microscope type image. I know it's not, but man an ant looks pretty scary at that high a power magnification.

I can't believe (I know I know) that corporations waste shit like this. This was probably a $5000.00 piece of equipment. They could have given it to any school in Maine.

·
Registered
7,125 Posts
I was in touch today with a friend who works at Fairchild Semiconductor. He says they have to throw all this stuff away because of 9/11--the government doesn't want it on the open market. Sheesh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts