Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 350 is coming together and its time to think about the details. i'm planning on getting rid of the stock switches, levers, etc. i have the perches and levers figured out as well as the switch for the left side. i'm having trouble figuring out the throttle assembly. i have found several individual throttle assemblies on denniskirk.com but whats the cable situation? my 350 has the single cable that splits about half way down to each carb. will this cable work with an aftermarket throttle assembly?? what do i have to do?

this is the throttle i'm looking at, but i'm open to suggestions.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...d=115&productId=p51247&leafCatId=11510&mmyId=

or something like this.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/7-8-...003QQitemZ130245606969QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

let me know. thanks

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've got a Motion Pro on my race bike like the DK listing you have there - it works just fine. I like the look of that e-bay one, though. Would look good on a street bike, IMO.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good. this is what i'm planning...mind you this is the first bike i've rewired, but i've done cars before so i'm not too worried. left grip will go as follows... grip/clutch perch/switch. the switch i'm using is this one.

then on the right all i plan on having is brake perch and throttle assembly.

not 100% on that throttle assembly. if somebody can point me in the direction of another one that will work with cb350 1 -> 2 throttle cable i would be grateful.

starter will be activated with new 3-position ignition switch. this ignition switch also has another momentary switch activated by pushing the key. think i should run a kill switch on the right side? or will the key suffice. i don't plan on racing the bike any time soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any ideas on this throttle?? i don't want to go out and buy something that won't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts