Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I just finished my ground up resto on a 1969 CL 350, turned cafe racer. I have some jetting issues that I hope you can help with. I purchased new Mikuni VM32 carbs. Bike idles great but as soon as any throttle is applied it falls flat, pretty much stalls out. I have tried all the needle clip posotions with little or no differnce. Any help would be appreciated the jetting specs are as follows...

Main: 200
Pilot: 35

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could be right, these were supposed to be pre jetted from Sudco. I know the OEM CV carbs had a much smaller jet than 200 but its an entirely different carb so your guess is as good as mine

CT

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the jet numbering is cmopletely different from oe carbs to the mikunis.
dont go by that alone. someone here should be able to give you a good baseline for jetting.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the jet numbering is cmopletely different from oe carbs to the mikunis.
dont go by that alone. someone here should be able to give you a good baseline for jetting. also, any motor mods???

jc

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock motor with .050 over OEM piston set. Mac exhaust 2 into 2 with UNI foam air filters. I called Sudco yesterday and they are sending a 37.5 and 40 pilot along with the next larger needle jet (part that the main jet threads into). It seems to have a lean conditon since it will run with the chokes on. It also spits/sputters through the air cleaner. Am I correct in my thinking of the lean condition???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts