Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my valves are fried... versha is out I'm told and I have not been able to find OEM/stock cb 350 (two) valves. Anyone have a supplier?

Thanks JD

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
stan.

just send it to stan. he works for a honda dealer. just do it.

jc

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AND I QUOTE:

"Hi JD,
I've got your head disassembled and inspected. As usual, both intake valves are recessed, and need to be replaced. Both exhaust valves are also bent and need replacing also. My regular supply of stock valves has dried up (Vesrah) and I don't have any reliable source. If you can, try to find some new, new old stock, or good used valves, and send them my way."
"Stan"

Thanks JD

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
j not that....

is your bike still a stocker?

if not, order the kibblewhite black diamond valves.

if it's stock, start collecting CB350 motors.

tex

p.s.- stan doesn't work at a honda shop. he is at a ducati and mv dealership!

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i thought it was honda too. eh....

ducati makes good bikes ive heard, i bet they have some nice valves that would work ok. i see them on ebay pretty often. nos ones.

jc

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
for you other lurkers looking to get some mad power out of your CB350 or RD350's and RD400's there is only one person to goto IMHO, and that is:

Stan Lipert

watch him smoke the sportsman grids this year at mid-o on his 48.6HP Honda CB350.

hell i'll be racing against him, and will still be rooting for the man.

texy

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
start going to swap meets and searching c-list.

texy

p.s. - when do you need your motor (head work completed)?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought Joe's ebay Item and I'm having it shipped to Stan.

Thanks Joe.. and fuck you on the head

-JD

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
bike bandit seems to have them. i used to get my oem parts from weymouth honda.

jc

·
Registered
3,065 Posts
This is an issue we are all going to have to deal with soon. And it does seem like we are all going through similar situations all at once. The days of over the counter NOS valves is over. They can be hunted down but they are going to get real expensive. Places like sirius consolidated and bike bandit have stock size valves, but of what quality?? I think we are going to get to a place where we have to accept the use of a quality stock size valve, kibblewhite makes a stock replacement. That may be the only option in our FCB future. The viabilty of hording bikes to harvest valves is a joke. These things are getting to be 40 years old. Soon only the best indoor stored examples will have anything of use. And you know most are found in a lesser state! Whatever.... valve rant over.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Not that I know anything about this, but I'll chime in anyway.

Has anybody ever talked to Manley? As far as I know they will help design and make a valve for just about anything. If it's an ongoing issue at this point, perhaps a large order could be placed for everyone. Or once the design drawings are finalized, they could be assigned a part # (Part # hot shit caferacer peeps cb350 intake, exhaust?) and ordered on an as needed basis.

Talk about hen's teeth, they did our valves for the Aston Martin stuff we did back when I was in the car biz. They were great to deal with and reasonably priced as I recall.

Manley Performance Products
Lakewood, N.J.

Just a thought.

Cheers,
Leo

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Leo... As I'm probably the most likely to blow shit up again I'm happy to be a part of such an endeavor but being most likely is due to the fact that I have ZERO technical knowledge (but I am learning) but I'm happy to participate anyway I can with any of you teckno viking mother fckers interested in doing this.

J 'IbreaKshiT' D

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
o.k.,

new name for intake valve is: Part # "hot shit caferacer peeps cb350 intake"

and new name for exhaust valve is: Part # "teckno viking mother fckers cb350 exhaust"

good stuff guys!

texy

1 - 20 of 33 Posts