Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought some after market turn signals to fit the style of my Honda CB 360 a little better. I hooked them up to the bike and they light up but they won't flash. The strange thing is that if I just have one of the stock turn signals hooked up on either the front or rear, the flasher relay works and both the stock and LED turn signals light up and flash. However, if I have both of the LED signals hooked up(front and rear) they light up but won't flash. I read that I needed an LED flasher relay so I bought a 3 prong EP34 from O'Reilly(I couldn't find a 2 prong). With the new flasher, I don't even get power to the turn signals no matter how I hook up the two wires on the 3 prongs. Any ideas of what might be going wrong?

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
Your stock relay is thermal load operated and only just works with one stock indicator connected. Put one two LED's and it wont draw enough load to trigger the relay.

This is how you wire up a 3 prong EP34 relay:

But it's much easier to use a 2 prong - they're everywhere on eBay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.