Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I just got her home and unloaded. 73' 450 twin. Looks like I've got quite a ways to go. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions, and maybe some part requests in the next few months. I do need a set of forks for sure, if anyone has a good set around? I hope to be riding by mid June. Then this winter do a complete tear down and paint/polish everything properly. I'll update as I go. Any comments or advice is greatly appreciated.

Ernie

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to give it a shot. Theres quite a bit of rust near the top of the sliders. I'm not sure how bad there pitted. Are the sliders fairly easy to replace?

·
Registered
3,065 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the links. I actually just joined the msn group the other day. I'm on there as sbhockey as well. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the online manual. I haven't looked to closely yet, I hope the rust hasn't pitted the sliders.

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
fyi, CB450 fork tubes are hard to find, new, and they'll be expensive if you do. Forking by Frank has them for about $250. I ended up swapping out with CB750 forks that I found (some models have the same diameter). Hit up the search for "fork tube sizes" and it will show a post somewhere about which forks fit (35mm in your case I think). If you do this swap be aware you will have to exchange your front brake for something else.

I'm in the process of building out a CB450 myself, see my sig.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
$50 and you got a title... I just may just hate you. Kidding, kidding. Actually I've read through you build up before. Looking good, I'm sure I'll be going back for more info once this project gets going. Selling my toy car, and using some of the cash to fund the build. I'll have to look into fork swaps. The 750 may be a good route.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts