Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this in a barn about a month ago.

I got it and a RD400 for FREE!
But don't get too excited, the barn floor was bad and the bike had fallen over and smashed up the left side pretty bad

Tank, side cover, head light and left turns are wasted.

So the only thing to do now is tear it apart and cafe it!
I don't know why I like this little bike so much, I look goofy as hell on it, being 6'2" and 210, look like a monkey humping a football! But it will still be cooler than a scooter. I'll post up some progress soon.

·
Registered
326 Posts
That will be a sweet bike to fix up.

I wish I had a CB/CL 350-450 twin. I'd take either over the CB200T I have waiting to be fixed up.

I've had 200cc twins and 400cc twins before and the difference in performance is quite noticeable so you may find with your size that 175cc may be lacking in the power department.

The RD though should be pretty stout in the power department if you like the way two strokes make their power. Some riders just don't like having to get one on the pipe. Personally I like the way they behave and I like that rush you get from them when they come on the pipe.

·
Registered
92 Posts
GREAT FIND. A restoration on that bike would be very manageable. If those pipes don't have any rot on them they are pretty valuable. Keep us updated on the fix up. We're here to help.

I also have some parts laying around that I don't want, so let me know when you need to replace them.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
quote:Originally posted by coolatula

That will be a sweet bike to fix up.

I wish I had a CB/CL 350-450 twin. I'd take either over the CB200T I have waiting to be fixed up.

I've had 200cc twins and 400cc twins before and the difference in performance is quite noticeable so you may find with your size that 175cc may be lacking in the power department.

The RD though should be pretty stout in the power department if you like the way two strokes make their power. Some riders just don't like having to get one on the pipe. Personally I like the way they behave and I like that rush you get from them when they come on the pipe.
Yeah the 175 is my answer to buying a moped or scooter to chase down that carton of milk or ice cream. And coming from the MX back ground, the personality of the two stroke is pretty common to me, twist..hold on..and smile!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts