Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get some 31mm clip ons for my CB175 ???? If not 31's, how to get 32's to fit well?? Help a fellow cafe buddy rid himself of his current clubmans.

I am building a mild street racer, and don't really want to start swapping front ends, as my space and resources are limited.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'm looking for some for my 175 too, so let me know when you find some

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have "heard" that you can fab up some shims using aluminum cans to make a 32 mm fit, but I have not seen or read anything concrete to support this.

Edited by - cb175guy on Jan 22 2008 02:08:52 AM

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote:I have "heard" that you can fab up some shims using aluminum cans to make a 32 mm fit, but I have not seen or read anything concrete to support this.
I would not reccommend using aluminum cans. I'll check to see if I can find some in my inventory.

JS

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Champ...you still have chrome steel wheels in stock? Or can get?

Something suitable for a BSA? I've got a local guy that's working on just a street bike and is having a hard time finding affordable rims.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
quote:

I would not reccommend using aluminum cans. I'll check to see if I can find some in my inventory.

JS
Did you find any in your inventory???? I am assuming you are referring to the shims, not the 31m clip ons. If you do have the shims to make 32's fit, i'll look into purchasing the bars and shims from ya. :)

The Woodcraft custom jobs would be nice, but a bit on the pricey side.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Johnny,
The only rims available are 18x36. I think the bsa would be 40 hole.

I'll look around this weekend for some 31mm clips. I do have some nice small clubmans that would prob fit as well.

JS

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi guys -

New member from the Northwest here -

Rick Perrault out here is making some pretty nice clipons for 175s and 160s. I'll see if I can track down pricing and availability on them. I put a couple of pictures of them up on a temp page at my website at www.batemanracing.com/temp.html

Michael

·
Registered
241 Posts
I heard back from Rick tonight - they're $125/set plus shipping and handling (plus tax in Washington State, not that it affects you guys...).

Email him at PerreaultPerformance at comcast dot net if you're interested. He has them in stock in both 30mm (160) and 31mm (175/200).

More pics of them can be seen at http://www.bonnevillevintagegp.com/raffle.html

He's a very good guy and fellow racer.

Michael
www.batemanracing.com
www.groupwracing.com

1 - 20 of 25 Posts