Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been at this build for a little while now (late June) and I have recorded just about every step but I never thought to post it on caferacer until now.

I purchased this 75 CB200 in mid June and have already had my share of the "learning experience"... everything from obtaining a Florida title (when the bike came with none, just a bill of sale), rebuilding the carbs, all the way down to the engine rebuild which I am currently on. Mind you I have NEVER touched a motorcycle before this, nor have I ever touched a carb!

The entire experience has been quite scary, yet I have already learned so much. I will be proud when I am done to say I built this bike from bone stock to Cafe'.

So less talk... let me catch you up on things....

The first day home, completely stock...

Needed a new rear tire... so while I was at it I cleaned up the chain and all the other rear end components.

FAT new rear tire...

Then I decided the stock bars had to go... so I went with clubmans.

and in case you didnt notice, I replaced the stock signals for some lower profile ones...

During all of this I was rebuilding the carbs, trying to get it to run properly etc etc. During my attempts to get it running right I put about 50miles on it... that was more than enough to get hooked. Nothing would stop me from finishing this project.

Then to make tuning the bike even more difficult, I decided to throw on a CL175 exhaust (or just the pipes)...

Here are a few "artsy" pictures of the bike BEFORE I decided to rip it all apart again and rebuild the motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I also just picked up a CB200T that will need some work. I was curious as to whether or not you'd be willing to part with the original CB200 exhaust, as I do not have one. Thanks!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts