Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bougt a 1074 Cb200 from a flea sale for $200 without title nor the old dudes' name (I was too excitied). Anyhow, before buyign went to police station with VIn # and it came back without a record of theft.

Found a title search company in Alabama and plan on forking over the $150 for the title. Anu suggestions?

R.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Jeez, a 1074.... I don't think they issued titles One Thousand Thirty Three years ago. If they did it would probably be in Latin or something anyway and not much good anymore. Clean those carbs...typically after about 500 years they are pretty messed up.
JohnnyB

PS. I did the same thing with a title company...worked out fine.

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
Jeez, a 1074.... I don't think they issued titles One Thousand Thirty Three years ago. If they did it would probably be in Latin or something anyway and not much good anymore. Clean those carbs...typically after about 500 years they are pretty messed up.
JohnnyB

PS. I did the same thing with a title company...worked out fine.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I think original equipment back then was wooden wheels. I would check them carefully for dry rot. Wood worms and termites could be an issue too.
ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I think original equipment back then was wooden wheels. I would check them carefully for dry rot. Wood worms and termites could be an issue too.
ken

AHRMA 412
Vintage racing - old guys on old bikes

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I don't know...I've seen some title parchments looking good cause they were sealed in a goatskin bag under the seat. But yeah..that's usually only for the bikes around 700-800 years old. I think it was back around 1200AD that they started using the new "low acid" parchment.
JohnnyB

·
Premium Member
11,267 Posts
I don't know...I've seen some title parchments looking good cause they were sealed in a goatskin bag under the seat. But yeah..that's usually only for the bikes around 700-800 years old. I think it was back around 1200AD that they started using the new "low acid" parchment.
JohnnyB

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
Fill out your bio. Location is the most important, espically in a question like this since laws change from state to state.

you can swear on this board....we're not that family friendly. Jeez we got to teach your noobs everything. next we'll be telling you the best method to wiping your ass.

Anyway, the title company you found in alabama is probably boradway title since they are the biggest in that area. They are also backed up a couple of months. If you are in the northeast you can try the Staab agency in maine, I have a few friends who have had better luck with them.

·
Premium Member
10,737 Posts
re: ass wiping

use ample amounts of t.p.!

texy

maybe this response should be moved over to technical FAQ and locked!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts