Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I swapped out the stock handlebar with the clubman and had to disconnect the wires from the switches from within the headlight enclosure. I must've connected them back wrong because the starter button doesn't work, the turn signals and the horn also don't work. Does anyone have any experience with this? If anyone has a CB200, can you take some pictures of the wires from the left and right switches and their connections? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think, and this is a guess, but.....

The yellow or yellow/white wires are the live wires to the switch. Make sure they are plugged in correctly and make sure your ground wire is in correctly.

Also check the fuse in case you crossed wires. A blown fuse will shut down the electrical system.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I think, and this is a guess, but.....

The yellow or yellow/white wires are the live wires to the switch. Make sure they are plugged in correctly and make sure your ground wire is in correctly.

Also check the fuse in case you crossed wires. A blown fuse will shut down the electrical system.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply. I found out the problem, it was the battery. It was charged when I started to change the bars but somehow was completely discharged when I got through. Just brought to autozone guys and got it charged. It's now running great. Now it's time to tackle the seat. Im thinking about making one out of wood to save money. Is that foolish?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I found out the problem, it was the battery. It was charged when I started to change the bars but somehow was completely discharged when I got through. Just brought to autozone guys and got it charged. It's now running great. Now it's time to tackle the seat. Im thinking about making one out of wood to save money. Is that foolish?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I made mine from wood and it turned out great. I used the stock hinge and lock so it works just like the stock seat...don't mind my girlfrind'

·
Registered
108 Posts
I made mine from wood and it turned out great. I used the stock hinge and lock so it works just like the stock seat...don't mind my girlfrind'

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Nice seat. I never would have figured it would come out so nice. Any pics of the whole bike? looks like it is coming together nicely.

Ken

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Nice job!!!
Ken

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very clean bike! I like your battery placement, might have to steal it. Also your air filter configuration is genius. Can you tell me how that was done? I'm an absolute rookie to bikes so any pictures and instructions are greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
those bars look a little too wide. You might want to consider shortening them some. You also might need to consider some rear sets to get the seating position right.

Ken

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
They do look a little wide but that's easily fixable. Im assuming by rear sets you mean the suspension? and where can i get some?

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
By rearsets, I mean footpegs and controls. You may find that with low bars and standard peg location, you are all scrunched up. As far as rear shocks go it all depends on how much you can afford to spend. I think that Rice Paddy has some import shocks that are relatively inexpensive and substantially better than stock. Maybe Krapfever will jump in here.

Ken

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Is the rear section of the seat the rear section of original gas tank? That is soo cool. I think the seat just needs to be just a hair lower. But it still looks really good the way it is now. How much do you have into the seat?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I made my seat with some plywood and fibreglass. Its on a cb175.

[imghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/hotfunk67/seat2-5.jpg[/img]

[imghttp://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn19/hotfunk67/_MG_1002.jpg[/img]

·
Registered
108 Posts
Pinche, you're correct...I'd like it to be about an inch lower (at least to hide the frame. I may rebuild it one day. I probably have around $20 (foam and vinyl) in it if you don't count the $100 I spent for a useable gas tank. The original tank on the bike was shot so I got one off of e-bay and chopped up the old one for the cowling.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts