Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Looks very nice and will look good on the bike with the other painted body work.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks very good man. way to go on the spray bombing, looks like you are doing an excellent job with that. that blue/gold combo will be pretty radical, i like your bravery, there are a LOT of black on black cafer's out there, so way to go on breaking the norm. when i see it together, i'll know if i like it or not...LOL. but it looks like you are doing some nice work with it. upgrade your rubber and i would try to find a disc brake front wheel to use for safety (and improved looks). kudos to the build and don't think you are the only youngin on here, im only 22. keep up the good work!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Looks very good man. way to go on the spray bombing, looks like you are doing an excellent job with that. that blue/gold combo will be pretty radical, i like your bravery, there are a LOT of black on black cafer's out there, so way to go on breaking the norm. when i see it together, i'll know if i like it or not...LOL. but it looks like you are doing some nice work with it. upgrade your rubber and i would try to find a disc brake front wheel to use for safety (and improved looks). kudos to the build and don't think you are the only youngin on here, im only 22. keep up the good work!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys, I didn't think such a bold color combo would go over too well as it isn't what most people pick for their bikes, but I want something cheery that will stand out a little. New rubber is a definite, what I have now I shouldn't have even taken on the road but being poor forces you to do some things you don't want to. Thanks again for the encouragement guys.

p.s.- I've still got a couple years on you Tyler :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks guys, I didn't think such a bold color combo would go over too well as it isn't what most people pick for their bikes, but I want something cheery that will stand out a little. New rubber is a definite, what I have now I shouldn't have even taken on the road but being poor forces you to do some things you don't want to. Thanks again for the encouragement guys.

p.s.- I've still got a couple years on you Tyler :p

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #27

Did some painting today and got most of the motor done along with the frame. I'll try to get some better pictures when the weather is nicer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey all, I'm a off and on lurker wanna be.
That paint job looks really good to me. I didn't know you could do that with a rattle can. I'm impressed. All the sanding and painting had to take a long time, is it worth it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
It isn't really any more prep work than "real" paint, and if you don't have the proper setup to paint with then it's worth it in my opinion. I mostly work on it when there's down time at the garage I work at, but I'll admit that I'm getting kinda burnt out on this project right now because I'm too poor to finish it. If I had the money I would like to just get it over with and sell it so I can get a car that isn't such a pos.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Decided to make an all fiberglass seat with room for a gel cell battery and some more modern styling to boot. I'm off to get some glass and resin for it now.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Worked on the motor a little today then went ahead and threw on the side covers to see how it will look... Should be a nice little performer.

·
Registered
699 Posts
this bike looks excellent! i love your choice for colors and that motor looks mint! great work!!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
kills me

I'd have to go get a whole new riding wardrobe to have anything to wear if I rode something painted like that

but I do have a dentist friend that could hook me up with a few bronze or copper teefies

hot and cold...... think I'd dig just plain warm copper more but I'm pretty much a simpleton when it comes to things like that

is that paint or powder on the rims and hubs?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Haha I'm not the "color-coordinated" types I guess. I'll take some pictures of her on the bike when it's all wrapped up for you guys... In a matching outfit to please hackasaw of course ;)

Oh, and the rims are paint

21 - 40 of 49 Posts