Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
you can snag those off ebay

I have some of the early ones that are not "one size fits all"

they are asian copies of the same brackets used on MV's back in the day

tasty huh and nothing like those flimsy cheap emgo swiss cheesed stamped steels ones

·
Registered
39 Posts
I just wanted to say the bike looks great, and congrats on school. I just graduated myself, the work is well worth it. I have a question about your fiberglass work, did u carve any molds out of styrofoam or just use that cardboard in the picture? Also did u rivot or use only epoxy to attach your seat? I usually make stuff outta metal, but would like to try some fiberglass work.

Kyle

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
oh you can also get those type headlight ears that aren't as long........

cerianni repops.......

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Sorry for neglecting the questions here, I haven't been doing much on the bike recently. The headlight ears are indeed from EBay, they are pretty cheesy but they do the job I guess. As far as the fiberglass goes, I made the molds from thick construction paper and tape, then applied resin to that to give it some rigidity. After the resin set up I threw on some more resin with the cloth, and that was that. It takes a little bit of body filler to smooth the final product, but it's still a very quick and easy process.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Sorry for neglecting the questions here, I haven't been doing much on the bike recently. The headlight ears are indeed from EBay, they are pretty cheesy but they do the job I guess. As far as the fiberglass goes, I made the molds from thick construction paper and tape, then applied resin to that to give it some rigidity. After the resin set up I threw on some more resin with the cloth, and that was that. It takes a little bit of body filler to smooth the final product, but it's still a very quick and easy process.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your bike is beautiful! I love the color choices as well. I haven't decided how I want to paint mine just yet. I suppose I outta concentrate on getting her running smoothly first. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Your bike is beautiful! I love the color choices as well. I haven't decided how I want to paint mine just yet. I suppose I outta concentrate on getting her running smoothly first. ;)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts