Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
the cbx has a radically different geometry. at least the one i had did. i had the 1000 front end and it was really radical. more modern superbike like than what you have. also, the fork tubes were 39mm im pretty sure. they were definitely bigger. now, ive heard rumors that the cbx400 had 35mm tubes. and there was one at the track over the weekend and there was so much crap around the clamps i couldnt see anything. i should have grabbed my mic and measured the tubes while i was there but totally forgot. its the only one ive ever seen. i think youre going the right way with the 750. that disk is huge. i just picked up one that looks as nice as that one. nos. never been mounted up. the real problem is that they are 19" relace that puppy to an 18" rim and you should be all set for some good rubber. and they will stick out past the top clamp.

also, i cant remember what the cbx stem looked like, but all the others press out with a ram. you could maybe do the same thing. then there is always a bearing issue.

keep us posted. it looks great! if youd like to change those stupid chain tensioner wheels to the later model slipper types, i know a guy who makes them up.

jc

1 - 3 of 3 Posts