Cafe Racer Forum banner

CB350 cam

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a cb350 cam, in good shape, for a street motor. Anybody have one?

Craig

#5 ·
tt,
A buddy has an sl350 that I told him I'd rebuild the motor as a trade for his XR250 that I've been riding. The sl350 had about 170lbs of compression in the right side and about 75 in the left. Once I tore it down I found all kinds of goodies in there that need to be fixed. Like the cam is pitted up. The valves need to be redone. There was hardly anything left to the cam chain tensioner rollers. And what was left was in the bottom of the motor in little pieces. The cam chain had worn some pretty significant grooves in the head and cylinders from being allowed to slop around in there. So it's a major rebuild at this point.

Just weld the leads on the battery and you won't have that problem again.

Craig

#6 ·
tt,

ditch the battery and get a pvl. you'll love the weight savings and the hotter spark. uch giannini is a pvl distributer and will not only sell it to you for a good price, he will machine you a block off plate and tell you how to set it up. more contact info at: http://www.gianniniracing.com/

tell him tex sent ya (it can't hurt).

cheers,

texy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.