Cafe Racer Forum banner

cb350 clutch problems..help!

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  joe c 
#1 ·
The cb350 twin i have been working on is finally running..but the ckutch wont disengage? i took a clutch assembly off another cb350 and same thing:( any suggestions? i adjusted it according to the manual...

#3 ·
Huh? With the cable disconnected? The manual can be confusing in the right steps to adjust it correctly--Can you feel it disengaging the plates? Can you see the clutch rod move? Doesn't soundas though changing assemblys helped. Which "clutch asembly" did you replace?

#4 ·
I can hear the pushrod moving. i replaced the clutch basket, plates, springs, pushrod. i dont know the exact name so bear with me...the part that has the three set bearings in that turns to move the pushrod (still with me?) is there any way that could be worn out and is not moving the pushrod far enough to disengage the clutch?

#5 ·
there is that ramped 3 ball assembly, but indside of the reciever for the pushrod, there should be another ball. its in the ramped actuator thing. im pretty sure its flat on one side, the ball is. (i cant remember that for sure now but i think it is flat on one side) if that isnt in there, you may not be able to actuate the rod enough. alot of times there is alot of grease in there and you cant see that one little ball. but there should be one in there. it'll fall out or when you clean it, its stuck in there and then it disappears durring the cleaning/moving process.

now that all sounded gay.

i bet thats the problem though. youve adjusted it to the max, and its moving it, but just not enough. the ball is missing. now go look for your missing balls.

jc

Edited by - joe c on Oct 16 2004 9:34:36 PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.