Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So how do you replace them, anyway? The old one was shredded, so I just tore it off, but I can't figure out how to get the slide apart. Does it come apart, or do you just stretch the new diaphragm on? My manual is no help (it's a cb360 Clymer or Haynes manual, but the bikes use the same carbs). The only carbs I've rebuilt were Amals, and of course they're not cv carbs. One carb was okay, and I'm not pleased to have to replace this one. I've heard they're pricey.

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote: if hes racing it, some rule books dont allow aftermarket carbs.

Racing? Haha! Not yet, but hanging around here is starting to give me some dangerous ideas. This is a street project I'm working on with my 5yr old son.
I love to put some new Mikunis on it, but they're not in the budget quite yet. Has nobody replaced a diaphragm? Like you said, they're available new, so one would assume...
Joe, are you talking about used carbs? Or diaphragms? I'm gonna need something, I just don't know what yet.

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bfd, that is exactly what my slides look like. They came off a '68 or '69. Sirius has them - $85/pair buy it now, but that's a lot of $$$ to find out, after the fact, that they can't be replaced. Snork, I was thinking the same thing about the stretching. Maybe I'll e-mail them. I'm surprised with all the 350s here, that nobody's done it. Then again you are all Mikuni enthusiasts. I, on the other hand, am just trying to get a stock motor running. Since you all seem to have replaced your cv carbs, if anyone has a parts carb or two laying around they might wanna sell? Or just the slide w/a good diaphragm? Yes Rosko, your check is in the mail - I owed my friend George Budros some $$$, & he said WU it to him, he'll see that you get it... Damn, I really need to take care of that.

... And before anyone starts a rant, I did look this up in the search beforehand.

· Registered
4,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm looking on eBay. Ironic, since I have 3 motors w/o carbs. Bought the parts bike these came from specifically for the carbs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.