Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
725 Posts
hello everyone, this is my first post...

have you already purchased a new diaphragm? i know sirius consolidated recently began selling them and i am curious to know what material they are made from. from the photos they do not look to be of the same stuff as the OS. these look like rubber and if they are you may be able to coax them on over the hump with a little stretch.

...connoisseur of slack...

· Registered
725 Posts
$20 to $30 is what they were going for this time last year. as of late i have seen a number of usable pair going for well over a hundred.

i just checked the prices at sirius for a pair of diaphragms and it is $45 not $80

· Registered
725 Posts
jude i just noticed you said yours are off of a 68' or 69'. it is my understanding that those carbs had issues with air flow that caused damage to the phragms. in 70' they made minor adjustments to the venturi to correct the issue. the later carbs have 3D stamped somewhere on the body.

it's been a year since i gave this any thought so before you believe me or anyone flames me. you/they should look into it...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.