Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
2-2 is the scientificly correct way to go. the crank configuration governs this. 180 degree crank, 2-2. sometimes the old mac pipes come onto ebay. or call tom @ delux works honda in california. they have a web site. he'll make you up a pipe that wont be perfectly tuned for max power, but it'll work just fine. 2-1. or you can goto ricepaddymotorcycles.com. they have stainless 2-2 pipes. i think the tuned length for optimum power is about 13" with 17/8" pipe/ but it gives you a really short crap assed pipe.
the drilling most definitely can affect structural integrity. on the clutch plate cover i think youd have to remove alot of it. its really only a cover. the problem with drilling the brake hub is as you said. water will get in there and rust things up. so it takes more maintainance. most people only drill about a 3/4" hole directly in the center of the webbing. ive never really heard of the 350 hubs cracking. more the t500's etc. ive seen them cave in too.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
2-2 is the scientificly correct way to go. the crank configuration governs this. 180 degree crank, 2-2. sometimes the old mac pipes come onto ebay. or call tom @ delux works honda in california. they have a web site. he'll make you up a pipe that wont be perfectly tuned for max power, but it'll work just fine. 2-1. or you can goto ricepaddymotorcycles.com. they have stainless 2-2 pipes. i think the tuned length for optimum power is about 13" with 17/8" pipe/ but it gives you a really short crap assed pipe.
the drilling most definitely can affect structural integrity. on the clutch plate cover i think youd have to remove alot of it. its really only a cover. the problem with drilling the brake hub is as you said. water will get in there and rust things up. so it takes more maintainance. most people only drill about a 3/4" hole directly in the center of the webbing. ive never really heard of the 350 hubs cracking. more the t500's etc. ive seen them cave in too.

jc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.