Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
11,783 Posts
bent valve? although the clearances are usually pretty big initially. and that usually hangs them. but you could have floated it and bent it. id pull the valve and look carefully at the seat, and also the area where the valve sits on the seat. your valves can tell you alot. how about a broken valve spring or something like that? the marks matt is talking about is important.

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

· Registered
11,783 Posts
if one of those 8 things doesnt solve your problem, then youre fucked. start with john and chris' advice. then take apart. and there is no way your valve is stretching. unless its made of lead.

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
what size rings? i probably have a spare almost comlpete set of 040's. you might need to order one compression ring. if chris doesnt care if i give them away. i kinda left him all my spares. and i know there was an almost complete new set. tim, you should drop chris a note, or give him a call. hell have 2 350gp bikes at summit. so no guarentee....

jc

jc

· Registered
11,783 Posts
cool, good find. see you at summit with tex, on the inside at t-1!!

free beer for any wanker who beats tex.

jc

Edited by - joe c on May 31 2007 08:39:47 AM

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.