Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents,
Anyone know where I can get a throttle cable to work with my Mikuni VM32 carbs on my '73 CB350 twin? It seems like this would be a simple part to find, but I haven't been having any luck. Thanks.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I called Motion Pro directly, sent them some pictures, and told them exactly what I wanted. A week and a half later it was at my door. Fits right to the stock controls, no muss, no fuss. $45 shipped from Cali.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
wow........ 45 bucks for a cable is pretty strong

any reasonably seedy and decent motorcycle shop...... not the botique types

will have a less than ten dollar universal cable

you can cut it to length and finish one end of it

I think i have several here and they retail for like 6.95

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks a lot, krapfever. I just ordered the Motion Pro cable from Sudco. It's exactly what I was looking for. It's weird, because I called Sudco last week and they said that they didn't have any cables that would work for me. Hmmm.
As far as the $10 or less universal cables go, sure, they're cheap... but they're cheap. Made in Chaiwan and lousy. $45 for a cable is pricey, but it's a top quality, American-made cable. For all my love of old Jap bikes, spending my money on US-made stuff is quite important to me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know 45 sounds expensive for a cable,,,but it is custom, with custom ends, and custom length. And the best thing about it for me was I got it in the mail, put it on the bike. Looks great and works correctly. I've half assed things in the past but I always seem to end up redoing them later on, only costing me twice of what I would have paid to do it right the first time.

·
Registered
22 Posts
quote:Originally posted by krapfever

quote:Originally posted by smurph74

Will the cable from sudco work with a stock throttle housing?
I suppose...but only if you are running with slider (a.k.a. SL) carbs.
Sorry I meant will the sudco cable work w/stock throttle housing and VM32mm Mikuni carbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts