Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
i also have hookups at the bike shop and pay dealer cost....so really, i only paid about $25 for my kit. but to satisfy hack, before i got the all balls kit, i did go to the napa and try to size mine up and they were no help at all...that is when i turned to the tried and true parts unlimited catalogue. but come on chris...if you have seen my bike you can tell i'm not lazy! work smarter, not harder!!

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
UPDATE

Back to work...nothing real special, but progress is being made. cleaning and prepping 38 year old parts for paint is a major PITA. engine is painted, forks are done, swingarm done, brakes done, front wheel done. whatever i'm polishing is polished. next on the list is cleaning, prepping and painting rear wheel, and triple tree.

one question i have: i picked up a '73 tripe clamp so that i could raise the forks through the upper clamp, but they are about 5mm wider than original. if i use them is everything else going to work out as far as axle and spacers? thanks

another question: i'm about to order tires and if i get tube/tubeless tires do i need to run a tube since the tires now use one? can i just use a tubeless. thanks.

Nasty rear wheel AFTER powerwashing

front looked the same as rear, but a little bit of work goes a long way

random polished brake bits

and here are the rearsets i plan on using

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
yeah...that's what i figured. thanks

any ideas on the question about the forks? can i run the wider 72+ trees?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
yeah...that's what i figured. thanks

any ideas on the question about the forks? can i run the wider 72+ trees?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
UPDATE

well sorry for the lack of updates i've been slammed with work, but have managed to get some quality work done. pics will be up shortly. as of right now its rolling and the engine is in. i've managed to mock up the rc-51 rearsets and they seem to be working out well, but haven't messed with brake or shift linkages yet. here is a question i have. i'm making the seat out of fiberglass and want to incorporate the tail light/license plate. what do you think my best option is. i have these to choose from...

i'm leaning towards the first one, as i think the dual rounds will compliment the dual round mufflers. any thoughts??

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
UPDATE

well sorry for the lack of updates i've been slammed with work, but have managed to get some quality work done. pics will be up shortly. as of right now its rolling and the engine is in. i've managed to mock up the rc-51 rearsets and they seem to be working out well, but haven't messed with brake or shift linkages yet. here is a question i have. i'm making the seat out of fiberglass and want to incorporate the tail light/license plate. what do you think my best option is. i have these to choose from...

i'm leaning towards the first one, as i think the dual rounds will compliment the dual round mufflers. any thoughts??

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I snagged myself some really cool round LED tail/brake lights

I'll snap a pic of them for you today and post them up

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I snagged myself some really cool round LED tail/brake lights

I'll snap a pic of them for you today and post them up

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thanks...i'm to the point that i want to make my seat, but would really like to have the tail light on hand so i can shape/mold around it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
thanks...i'm to the point that i want to make my seat, but would really like to have the tail light on hand so i can shape/mold around it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
i ended up going with the first one, but i'm going to use some transparent black spray to darken it up and bit and go with the theme of the bike.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i'm new here, but these kinds of threads make this place one of my favorites for wasting time!

OT: i spy a biturbo.. what kind of moped do you have?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
hahah...good call. i have 78 puch maxi. 65cc metra kit, 15mm bing, and biturbo. it will do about 40-45 on the flats.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts