Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is the very begining, well not counting the taking it all apart bit, let see if i can get the pictures up

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Why are you drinking urine?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep getting the seat on and well supported was a pain, i didn't want to weld in anything for fear of having to remove it later, and as it turns out the first time i put it on i had covered the battery box,
the rear sets are from hales honda in the uk, they screw me around a bit, but they do make some nice stuff.
i went to the last race at nhis and noticed lots of bike with fenders so i thought it would be a good idea, maybe keep some of the crap from the rear wheel off the motor.
my wife is pretty cool every time i think i should get another bike she say ok, shes should be keeping me in check, i lack self control.
one of them is a 1968 bultaco i just got for the next moto giro, and we have a 06 yamahe fz6 with some nice mods

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks, i hope to get some work done this weekend, maybe have it up on the wheels,with the bars and rear fender on as well.
will be happy to post more shots.
hey tex,i plan to race the rieju this year at uscra events,, and cb 350 as well, shooting to have it ready for the april 15 th track day school, i belive i was checking out you cb 350 [the blue one] at the nyc motorcycle show, i need to get tires for the reiju and the only thing i can find as far as size is the avon am 26 in 100/90/16 and the 120/80/16, it has 90-90-16 on the front now, do you think the avons will be ok???
oh and a good eye on the beer i do belive that was a wheat

·
Registered
194 Posts
no 'fence but it's not -that- hard to figure out..... i mean, i absolutely LOVE beer and what it brings to your taste buds.....

my goal in life is to open a restaurant where there is no wine list but a beer list. when you order your 5 course meal you don't have the choice of what you ought to drink but instead it's my and the chef's choice.

i am one of these guys who think that beer can accompany a meal just as well as whine can.

CB650, FauxCatiFT500

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
dude

I told you, I have a set of rieju wheels.. race rubber mounted and ready to go... spare discs and rear sprocket included.
$200 BUCKS. TIRES ARE BALANCED AND HARDLY USED.

MATT

latered

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
dude, i thought you wanted to sell all the carbon body stuff with the wheels and that would have burned up all my beer money. i'll e-mail you tomorrow on that because right now it sounds like a good deal, and hey i still need that belly pan

oh and the beer in question was a trice hopped and golden english ale with delicate red hues and a sprig of gentle malty flavor.
or the blond one for short

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Midge,

Just a thought. Looking at your mockup picture it looks like your ass is going to be placed behind the top shock mount. Which means that a bike that already had too much rear weight distribution is going to be made worse when you sit on it. It would make a big difference if you could shorten the seat and move it forward. But that's just an observation and I'm only passing along advice I was given once. Your bike is looking very nice.

Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
graig, i was told the same thing by mike at vintage brake, the seat is long but im a bit of a tank humper so i won't be sitting back by the bump i'll be all the way to the front of the seat, but we will see, if its really bad ill have next years project all figured out

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:
dude

I told you, I have a set of rieju wheels.. race rubber mounted and ready to go... spare discs and rear sprocket included.
$200 BUCKS. TIRES ARE BALANCED AND HARDLY USED.

MATT

latered
will those fit on a CB350? Just kiddin', that's a good price.

Yeller'
---
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs”

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
seat and tank are from omars dirt tracking racing, got my wheels on and hope to get a few more things done today

1 - 20 of 110 Posts