Cafe Racer Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
quote: Looking at your mockup picture it looks like your ass is going to be placed behind the top shock mount. Which means that a bike that already had too much rear weight distribution is going to be made worse when you sit on it. It would make a big difference if you could shorten the seat and move it forward. But that's just an observation and I'm only passing along advice I was given once
Craig,
excellent advise!!

JS

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
rich,
go back to your orig post and take care of your image links....change the img in caps to lower case or maybe somebody can help him.

JS

·
Registered
239 Posts

Midge, when you post a picture you need to past the photobucket url in between the lower case img tags. Delete the uppercase ones. The FAQ page doesn't tell you this. The hardest part of working on my bike was posting pictures.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
hey champ, you may not have noticed but i kind of figure it out all by my self, only the first post was a link, you will see that the mock up picture was right in the message body, it took me 2 shots but damm i got it right. im not sure because it was so long ago but the seat may be just a little more forward than the mock up shows, the pan is very long [as in the seating area is quite large]i think kim could fit behind me on that thing, maybe later ill put it on and take a new picture to see where by butt winds up. thanks for the help

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
hey champ and graig i put on the body work and took a few pictures do you think i'll be ok as is?

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
yes, but the toqure im i got from hales honda seems too short, its about 2" shorter than the stock one and if i used it the cable would be bent at a crazy angle

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
yep the cable stop on the break stay is in the wrong position, the rod seems a little short for the job

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
someones upping the anti in the sweet stock cb350 pot. i thought my bike was nice!! just dont bring it to a wera race. those girls will cry about something. nice work! makes mine look like a rat!

jc

i dont know shit

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Midge,
VERY nice start to your first racer....good job. The way you are sitting is not the way you will be racing. Don't worry about as the learning curve for your first year out will be spent on ALOT of other things. If you want an instant fix to the seat issue just put Kim on it!! And get some flipin clip ons.

JS

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Is that a Disco ball hanging from the ceiling?

I'd say try it the way you've got it at the school event. If you want to change it later you can. My guess is you won't have everything the way want the first time out. You'll be making changes.

Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
thanks men, if i get it half right the first year i will be pretty pleased,my first goal is to be there to learn, and get as many laps as possible,
the tank is the problem it just does not fit the 350 well, can't move it forward any more, if i could then the seat can come forward like 3 inches easy,maybe next year i'll get one of those 2 pounders from matt
i'll have to make a longer brake stay when i do i'll show you the pictures.
no disco ball- chinese lantern helps me think nice soft light.

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
dude

cut your seat!!!! it will fit then. nothing is set in stone... everything can be adjusted to fit your needs. omars stuff is good. just have to realize that when people say this part or that part fits...... there is fine print that says "it fits after 20 hours of fabrication" .

matt

latered

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
dude,
i agree, and i have no problem cutting the seat,but all that will do is move the hump closer to my butt it won't move my weight towards the front any,
if the goal is to keep me from sliding back i can see the benefit,
best would be a shorter tank them move seat,
hey omars stuff is nice but the tank has a few issues that make it hard to fit, the tunnel is to narrow so i can't push it down any and its very long, i moved it as far as i could, i even moved the steering stops to get a little bit more. i think he build it for a cb 450 and the its better suited to that than the 350,

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
unfortnately ...he already has your money. you can always sell it and try something else.
as craig and everyone else says.. try it out and change as you go
matt

latered

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
i was thinking of filling the front tire with sand to get more weight on the front, pretty smart ahy

·
Registered
5,379 Posts
just ride it.... things will fall into place as you get more familiar. we are doing this for fun

latered

21 - 40 of 110 Posts