Cafe Racer Forum banner

41 - 60 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
nice to see a commitment to finish quality.
when's the first test ride?

-parks

p.s. i used to do my best work under a disco ball.
p.p.s amazing what we used to do to get the girl.
p.p.p.s. a chinese lantern would prob. work great now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
well chuck has my motor, he said i would have it in march, so with a little luck i'll have just enough time to ride it around the block a few times before track day in april, then i have to get going on the bultaco i got for the giro, not so sweet like yours but over time i'll get her looking good,if she gives me a few hunderd good miles in may, ill show her some love

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
i'd say a really nice looking ride. even more looking forward to the spring giro now although i'm not sure which taco i'm bringing....the red one? the blue one? maybe a black and silver?
-parks

·
Registered
115 Posts
where did you find your mounting ears for the headlight? info please there kool....... and i think i need some too.

thanks eric

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
the tank and seat are from omars dirt track racing, if you look at some of the first pictures you will see a sub frame i made up out of 1/2 x 1" tube, in one pic you will see it sitting on the lift table, looks like a ladder, i made this to give support to the seat pan, and it sits above the seams on the frame rails, so i get a nice flat surface to mount the pan to, i bolted the sub frame to some tabs i welded on the bike frame, so it will all come off if need be, i put down foam strips and used elevator bolts to hold the pan to the sub frame.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
1st - bike is looking awesome. The paint theme is classic - really nice work everywhere.

2nd - Do you mind sharing - what kind of fender is that and is it something commercially available?

Thanks

quote:Originally posted by midge

hey champ and graig i put on the body work and took a few pictures do you think i'll be ok as is?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I like that fender too, but is there a fork brace inside of there? I know the stock fenders had a kinda built in brace in the fender and I've seen guys cut them out and just run them.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
thanks, the front fender i got from hales honda in the uk, they say its for a cb350 but it is so wide i had to cut it around the fork legs to get it on, so im not sure if they sent me the wrong one or what,
i removed the brace from the orignal stock fender and put it in the new glass fender, don't know if i really need it but i felt better having it in there,

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Tannermatic Racing Fiberglass sells the same fender, and I bet it's gonna be a heck of a lot cheaper than having it shipped over from England. He's easy to get a hold of. Just ask for Monkey on this board. He'll email pictures if you ask.
I use one and I didn't have to do any cutting to make it fit on my cb350 front end. Just another option. And Midge's looks very nice in that paint scheme.

Craig
Craig

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
i would have gotten it from monkey if i had met him sooner, first time around you get what you can find,the shippings not to bad but the exchange rate is awful

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the fender fitting thing is as much about which forks youre using, and which trees. there are too many variables to make one fender for ever application. i completely reshaped mine.

jc

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
looks like the cable anchor point on the rear sets would be fine if you clock the backing plate clockwise, quite a few hours

not sure I'd be totally guided or constrained by the original strut rod length, for your purposes, but I would confirm no conflicts thru full suspension travel including rebound

it does appear that angling the anchor point downward wouldn't be a bad idea regardless but I haven't wrapped my eyes and head around all the dynamic motion in order to do anything but make general observations

I dig it, not crazy about the shock spring color or what appears to be not enough room for them

but cool bike and for sure I'd cut the seat

Very fine Bultaco too

41 - 60 of 110 Posts