Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Item number 150181041111. I would put the link but I don't know how.

Brakes!! We don't need no stinking brakes!!
Might have trouble getting through tech!!

KCampbellNH

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
im emailing him about the tach. i want it. i think its a cyb tach. super rare. the rest is garbage, but the ig intrigues me. only afew bent fins. ive always wanted to build a cb350 short tracker. i dont think thats an early motor. 8mm exhaust studs, but they could have been replaced.

jc

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
How much weight is the right side peg supposed to support? I'm surprised that it still seals after all that welding but maybe oil on dirt is less of a problem.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
oil on dirt is no problem really. you put a surprising amount of weight out there. but that is definite overkill. im more surprised you can hang your weight off of the thickness of that cover. know what i mean. not have it just bust out.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yep
simple racing for simple people.
go fast, turn left.

jc

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
yeah, the guy seems a little clueless about whats there. i emailed him about the tacho, he didnt seem to have any idea what i was talking about.

by the way, it is a 68 motor. should have the fat cam or better in the top end. id be interested in seeing the head on that thing.
jc

Edited by - joe c on Nov 14 2007 11:15:29 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
honestly, i really dont know. ive seen all kinds of prices. but they are up there. cyb parts are super rare. and im 90% sure that is a cyb tach. but id have to do my homework. unfortunately, my race bike isnt set up for one anymore. but thats a cool piece you have ther scott. id for sure be interested in it if you figure anything out.

aaron, i just dumped an entire ceriani front end. 35mm street front like that. if i had any idea you were looking for one....i would have sent it up. mine was pretty nice. ebayed for like 200 bucks.

j

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
the honda factory street based racers. they had a cyb/rsc 72 72 90 and 350. maybe more. there was a kit you could buy from honda (early hrc???) that had a seat, tach, cam, piston, tank, etc....i dont know how available all the stuff really was to the general public. rsc stood for racing service competition.

check out the bad assed rear inner fender on ellis holmans bike

im in love

cb750 carbs???

http://home.comcast.net/~eholman/cyb3502.htm

like i said, id have to look inot it and see if that is the correct tach. but i thought they looked like that. im pretty sure they didnt come with the smiths.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts