Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rebuilt a 73 cb350 twin a while back, everything was fine as far as shifting went until yesterday. The bike will only shift into first or second, to get it to shift past that if extremely difficult and required lots of messing around with the shifter. I am thinking that maby the spring on the shifter mechanism is worn out or maby the shifting arm. Has anyone else dealt with this?

The spring I am talking about is part #16 in the shift drum and fork section http://www.sturgessonline.com/fiche...ry=Motorcycles&make=Honda&year=1973&fveh=2902

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Umm, maybe it's because you're trying to sort out the tranny by looking at a fiche of the airbox?

Seriously, though. I think you are referring to the "shift detent spring" and, yes, that may be your problem.

Are you using rearsets?

Check for binds in your external linkage first.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not running rearsets just a stock set-up, I would just pull the cover off myself and check except that the bike is about 6 hours away now. I am just trying to get an idea of what it could be as I will be walking the person through the repair on the phone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts