Cafe Racer Forum banner

CB350 Shifting Troubles

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  snorkelfork 
#1 ·
Just got my engine reassembled and I tried shifting it through the gears but no luck. Seems like it won't even attempt to get into gear. The engine was broke down to the very last piece so I'm thinking one of the gear arms didn't get to the right place. Anybody else had this problem or is there a way to adjust it. The motor turns freely and I took the motor apart in neutral and put it back together in neutral.

#3 ·
it only takes a fork to bind, or something to be missaligned. its real important that you check the shifting just after you bolt the cases together. it could be anything in there. you will most likely have to tear it down again. i never take apart the gear clusters. transmissions just mess with my head. too much engineering there and my brain doesnt work that way.

jc

"tex, if your bikes a cheater, its not a very good one"

#5 ·
lol oh yeah I've got three manuals,,,check each one of them to make sure they all say the same thing. Man I did check to make sure it shifted after I bolted her up, but I've seen crazier things than this. Thanks I just wanted to know if anyone else had run into this and if it would be a quick fix.

#6 ·
Seeing as though this is a thread that popped up when I was searching for shifting problems, here is mine.

I am in the middle of reassembling a cb350 engine. I have the cases bolted up and when I turn the gear selector by hand everything seems fine, however when I try to use the gear shifter to switch gears sometimes it works and other times it doesn't. The transmission seems to get hungup between gears once in a while and then it is a bitch to get back in gear. Is there anyone here who has an idea what is going on here? Is there any chance that my gears hifter linkage is worn out and not pushing the pins on the shifter far enough?

Hey someone pas me the wrench........ Ahh screw it where is the torch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.