Cafe Racer Forum banner

CB350 steering damper

8300 Views 33 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Pete Casper
It's time to start finishing up the CB350 race bike. I'm asking for your help once more, it's now about a steering damper. I'm not sure what length to buy, I'll probably buy a Proflo
http://pro-flo.com/proflo_steering_damper.htm
and mount it sililar to the photo below.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c359/wally1909/STEERINGDAMPER.jpg
Just wondering if anyone can help me out so I order the correct damper?
Thanks,
Wally
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
Thanks guys. Tim - Check your yahoo email.

I just picked up a pair of slightly used Teknic leathers off of egay..... My Duce driving brother will get a kick out of the HD colors....but I couldn't beat the price.

Yeller'
---
Ask not what the wanker can do for you, but what you can do for your wanker!
Pete,

Middletown trashy racing in Jan is a GO! I'm in, just email me off line to see where and when your coming up so I can make it up that same week.

sotomoto

"Dude just connect the dots on the track and you'll be ok"
Hey Pete,

Are you the guy who sniped me on those??

I just received a set I bought on Thursday, from California no less- fast shipping. Unfortunately they are too big they are a 50 and I need a 48 or 46. The problem is that the chest is OK, but I am short and they are just too long. I guess I will have to make due since custom made ones are out of the question for a while yet. Hopefully I will find a good price on a smaller set, heck these were only a$140 with shipping. Not the best quality, but usable and like new.

If you ever find out the size steering damper, let me know and I will just buy the same thing.

Jack
Jack - It was likely me (Pazpax72). I am hopeful they will fit...and they should if the size chart is okay. Hey, do you have the yahoo group link for USCRA...I'd like to make sure I am in that class in April since it is so early. I also like the idea of a newbie race to get some track time in.

Yeller'
---
Peter,

Here is the link. Not a lot of activity on there lately. Best bet is to try to contact Bob Coy--# is on USCRA web page, to sign up. He is hard to impossible to get a hold of.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/USCRA/

If those leathers are too big (were they 44 or 46?) let me know.

Jack
Pete,

In my above post, I meant to say contact Bob Coy about signing up for the school. You will apply for the Yahoo group right on the sight from "join this group". Just clarifying.

Carl Mcallister (expert 101.com) also may have a race school at NHIS some time in april, unless maybe they are putting the two together.

I am just down in Oneonta. Maybe I could come and see your bike and get some hints sometime, heck I could even throw my bike on the trailer if it is not snowing.
JackC. You are always welcome to head down/over here to Schenectady...however, truth be told, I am stumbling thru this process as well...I am getting a lot of help from my friends. I know that there are a lot more talented folks in this forum in our area we can learn from...

Yeller'
---
Ohh...they were 48s. Teknic size chart says they should fit a 6'3", 195 to 200lbs frame. I am 6'3" pushing 210, with plans to get to 200 before summer. Motivation. If they don't fit, I'll let you know and we can make a deal.

Yeller'
---
pete and jack-

i'm using the short daytona/shinday damper pro-flo #22-D17-002. mounted to the triple tree in the existing hole on the right of the lower bracket and then to a "fork" clamp mounted just below the seam on the frame downtube (the skinny tube/ 35mm). on the short side, the damper rod just clears the right cylinder's fins and tucks in between both cylinders. again, the fork clamp on the downtube is the wanker way, those who are more skilled weld a bracket to the frame.

my setup is using about 60mm of the 70mm throw.
i'm using the short daytona/shinday damper pro-flo #22-D17-002. mounted to the triple tree in the existing hole on the right of the lower bracket and then to a "fork" clamp mounted just below the seam on the frame downtube (the skinny tube/ 35mm). on the short side, the damper rod just clears the right cylinder's fins and tucks in between both cylinders. again, the fork clamp on the downtube is the wanker way, those who are more skilled weld a bracket to the frame.
my setup is using about 60mm of the 70mm throw.

********Many Thanks TT for the information!!!!

Cheers,
Wally
Thanks Tim. I am really bummed. ProFlo told me three times that they sent bearings to my address (lasttime was a few days ago signature requested priority mail) and I have not gotten anything yet. I do not know why they would be lost in the mail...... I am a bit worried about ordering anything else from ProFlo until I can get this delivery issue resolved.

Yeller'
---
Thanks Tim for the info! I really appreciate it.

Jack
pete et. all-

pro-flo isn't the only outfit selling the shindy/daytona dampers...search around, in fact i think these are new at proflo. oh, and Parts Unlimited distributes AllBalls, so most dealers will have access to 'em if you want to cancel proflo. hey pete, are you seeing my emails or does the Authority have me on parental block?

laterwank-
tt

Edited by - ttilghman on Dec 19 2006 7:34:45 PM
See less See more
TT - Nope, I am not getting your emails at work. Just send them to my gmail account [email protected].

Yeller'
---
21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.