Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there is any interchangability with speedometers and tachometers with various years of the 350 twins? I know some of the indicator lights will be relocated, I'm more concerned about functionality.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
they should all work. with the exception of the ones that had the larger front wheel for the speedo. (maybe the cl and sl models had 19s, i cant remember for sure.) the tach drive should be the same.

jc

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
If you have access to a yard with a ready supply to choose from (and don't have one already) try to get the tach that has the threaded boss coming out of the bottom at an angle, instead of straight down. I've heard that these guages have internal dampning (sp?), thus reducing the chances of having a tacho with a bouncy (read: useless) needle.

Don't know if the speedos are the same (I tore mine off years ago--'cause I'm punk rawk). All early CB's (I'm not sure about SL's or CL's either) in my recollection have 18" front wheels and I also don't recall seeing too many differences in cable ends...Also, the early plastic-housing CB guages are poopy. Get metal ones, sand off the paint and clear coat the bare metal.

Honda go sideways!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts