Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
If you're trying to get to where that bike is in the pic, I don't think you need to do any of what you just described. As far as I can tell, beyond updated tires, that bike's suspension is stock. In fact, that bike could be made out of a stocker in an afternoon...

- 4-2 turned out pipes (kind of ugly imho)
- clubmans
- british license mount on front fender
- number stencil on blacked sidecover
- stripped tank with missing emblems

Let's be honest, it's not the bike that's cool, it's the photograph.

The other reason I think the suspension's stock: who swaps the front end and lowers the shocks but doesn't bother to lose that hideous brake light or ugly-ass gauges? Furthermore, they pulled the forks but didn't bother to install clip-ons? Hmmm...

·
Registered
278 Posts
I see I missed the headlight visor, so add ten minutes to my previous estimate.

I fully support your thoughts on the seat - I don't usually care for the glass seat myself, but maybe that's just because I've looked at too many stock bikes with clubmans and glass humps. That's not a racer. That there's a commuter bike with an uncomfortable seating position.

I say your money's better spent with clip-ons, rearsets, and upswept exhaust. Then the girls will think you're cool and the cafe people won't make fun of you.

Second thought on seats: giuliari's are beautiful - similar shape but stock materials. I really need to find someone in Boston who can make one for me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts