Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the friend helping me build it is... well... either lazy or incredibly patient, in that he never wants to work on it, so I'm either re-negotiating the split on the sale profit and finishing it myself, or trying my hand at motivational speaking :p

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the friend helping me build it is... well... either lazy or incredibly patient, in that he never wants to work on it, so I'm either re-negotiating the split on the sale profit and finishing it myself, or trying my hand at motivational speaking :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
quote:Originally posted by roccitycafe

Did you use the suzuki pistons to get to 378? Don't know about A vs B. but I know my CL 360 came with 100 main jets. I have 110s in it now because it has no muffler.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hrm... ok, my secondary main jets are 112, and the primary jet is a 65, float height is 1mm lower, and I'm trying to sort out this gremlin where the bike runs fine at speed, pulls pretty well, but has trouble idling and is a bear to start again when hot. I'm conflicted as to whether it's strictly carburetion or electrical, I have a tiny battery, but ran a voltmeter on it while riding and it never fell below 13, usually ran between 13 and 18 at speed

·
Registered
211 Posts
The pilot jet it idles on is a 35, primary 68, main 100 on my 75
thats what it had in it, and i checked thats the correct factory jetting for it. I took the muffler off just using it as a trail hill climb bike. So i wanted to go up 10 percent on both the main and primary. Finding main jet 110 was easy. have not found a bigger primary. Not worried about it going lean the engine has to be at its heavy load after it hits the main jet rpm speed. Are you sure the very tiny pilot jet holes are clean. the idle mixture screws adjusted right. Seems like 18 volts would boil a 12 volt battery.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Float 1mm lower or higher?
You want float higher and fuel level lower.
You will need air correctors or it will run rich mid range
Mine runs pretty good although it does sometimes take two kicks when hot (video in my 'Too many projects?', if you didn't see it already)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Originally posted by JM360

The pilot jet it idles on is a 35, primary 68, main 100 on my 75
thats what it had in it, and i checked thats the correct factory jetting for it. I took the muffler off just using it as a trail hill climb bike. So i wanted to go up 10 percent on both the main and primary. Finding main jet 110 was easy. have not found a bigger primary. Not worried about it going lean the engine has to be at its heavy load after it hits the main jet rpm speed. Are you sure the very tiny pilot jet holes are clean. the idle mixture screws adjusted right. Seems like 18 volts would boil a 12 volt battery.
Would think the voltage should be regulated to 14 volts.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I didn't notice the voltage range, it's actually normal for the system which is why I switched to a modern solid state regulator/rectifier on mine and don't recommend less than 7A/hr with stock system
65 pilot with 110 secondary is for CL/CJ?
All my CB360's came with a 68 primary main and 100 secondaries.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i bought some air screws with the same thread to experiment with the pilot, the float is 1mm higher (sorry) off the gasket flange, so fuel is lower. at this point I'm tempted to put the carbs back to stock and start again... got details on the air correctors? I'm assuming you're boring out one or more of the air bleeds under the diaphragm?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts