Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just need the little latch that holds down the gas lid. I picked up a decent tank for cheap and the latch is broken. If not, then I'm gonna have to ghetto fab something as I want this tank on ASAP! Here's the tank I picked up and the broken latch.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I really really really need this thing. I wanna get this tank painted and mounted. Yeah there's a big bike salvage yard right in town but they have stupid hours and not open on weekends.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
I just posted in your build thread. My latch is a key type latch, which I think will still work. You can remove all that spring, etc, and have 2 tabs standing up from the tank, no? If so, mine should do you just fine. They don't need a specific kry, anything you can fit in the hole will work... screwdriver, for example. the key you have for that bike will open it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shit I dunno...I don't wanna low ball or you anything. Hell 10 bucks? I'm trying to save some cash for Rockerbox coming up in two week as I hopefully I can find a seat and a some tires for ol bessie. I just noticed on the back tire that it's got some nasty ass cracks that are pretty hairy looking.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
$10 works for me. Give me a day of two to locate it in my messy workshop. E-mail me an address.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Postal address, silly... so I can mail the latch to you.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Sorry, I don't. That was my only spare. I have to go dig it up now.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Haven't forgotten you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts