Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my cb360 engine, its fouling plugs out, so that should mean rich, right? but it also runs better with the choke on, which should mean lean, right? does this make any sense to anyone, and does anyone know what the issue is?

·
Registered
197 Posts
maybe this cb it has bad rings to foul the plugs and a main jet with a part obstruction make the lean condition.
-p1j

·
Registered
197 Posts
maybe this cb it has bad rings to foul the plugs and a main jet with a part obstruction make the lean condition.
-p1j

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
They do that with pods :D
If you jet for top end, it goes super rich at transition from primary to secondary main jet (when slide starts to lift)
If you don't re-jet, it runs fine to 4~4.5k then starts to go lean and probably won't go over 7k

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
If you jet for top end, it goes super rich at transition from primary to secondary main jet (when slide starts to lift)
If you don't re-jet, it runs fine to 4~4.5k then starts to go lean and probably won't go over 7k

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it only reaches about 3.5-4k rpm before it breaks up and sputters. runs fine at half throttle, once you go full it loses al power

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it only reaches about 3.5-4k rpm before it breaks up and sputters. runs fine at half throttle, once you go full it loses al power

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
You'll have to list the 'modifications' you've done
Did you shim needles?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
You'll have to list the 'modifications' you've done
Did you shim needles?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the engine is stock, sat for a long time.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Engine is stock, what about exhaust system, air boxes and carbs?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
air box, no air cleaner (for now), exhaust is some pipes i found and modified to fit, came from a 80s suzuki 650 4cyl, so less exhaust resistance. carbs are stock as far as i know, they have 110 jets i believe

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
quote:Originally posted by crazypj

Pay attention here, gearhed. Crazy PJ knows how to adjust/correct for pods on a CB360, and he just might tell you how it's done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im fine with the 7k, as long as it runs good up to there. how should i go about adjusting it

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gearhed31

im fine with the 7k... how should i go about adjusting it
Put an air filters in it, and some proper pipes on it. At 7,000RPM, you're losing out on half the "usable" powerband.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
found the issue, blown out diaframs in both carbs, slides werent moving at all. was adjusted rich trying to compensate for lack of flow. fixed diaframs, readjusted carbs, runs like a raped ape. thanks for the help

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
Please, enlighten us as to how you fixed diaphragms.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
How old are you? (just read bio).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
filled the hole with rtv...works for now... getting replacements

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im old enough to gamble, ride a motorcycle, and be in college, not old enough to drink legally (although that has never stopped me)... why do you want to know

1 - 20 of 23 Posts