Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All:

I think I'm at a bit of a stumbing point. The regulator on old Honda twins has three wires:

The Green goes to the rectifier (Correct?)

The Yellow goes to the rectifier (correct?)

But where does the black go? I've looked at wiring diagrams long enought that they are all staring to look the same. If anyone could help with the info above, I'd greatly appreciate it.

--Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Honestly, I do not know. The ones I've had were either bone stock and without charging problems or complete harnesses stripped and wired with solid state reg/rect units

For some reason I am sure I have a manual but seem to have hidden it from myself. I'm going to look right now and this time I'll even spend for some of them fancy electric lights.

amazing what one can see with those lights

found my JB Nicholson book

the basteegie says nothing of the charging system that is useful

I suppose I could poke about on the net and see if I can help

but if you can snap a pic of the books you have and components

may be able to figure it out quick like

I'd think somebody here knew the answer to this off the top of their heads but I'd guess the black one is grounded to the chassis and/or engine

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

this shows the black one is grounded and looking at the reg internals

that makes perfect sense

good luck

·
Registered
4,721 Posts

this looks more like the right diagram

doesn't appear to have ET or magneto ignition

and greatly over complicated

when I wire one up I completely isolate the alternator from the rest of the consumers and switch gear

but none the less, black from the reg goes to ground

·
Registered
687 Posts
chris, judging from cross comparing the following 360 diagram and looking over one for my 350 as well as looking at my 350's harness there's a female junction, that should have three connectors on it that if the harness hasn't been rewrapped will be near the round plug leading to the stator. the 350's have a similar female connector but only have two connections.

hope that answers what your question...
by the way chris this diagram is a cb-cl-cj 360 diagram

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many, many thanks gents. That's perfect. I should be able to fire her up tonight.

--Cheers, Chris

1 - 6 of 6 Posts