Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know of a good deal on a timing chain? the tensioner bolt snapped off in the lower case, so i guess ill just go ahead and get all misc equipment for timing chain tensioner bolt,etc.. by the way, i tried to use an easy out for the tensioner bolt and it still wondt budge. id assume its time for another lower case? sorry for all the dumb questions that you all have most likely answered before.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bought the first one off eBay, the second one ended up being the same price through my local shop. Both were D.I.D. chains for CB450. The local shop I use is a salvage yard, I never go to the Honda dealer, those guys suck and will only deal with bikes up to 10 years old.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Bought the first one off eBay, the second one ended up being the same price through my local shop. Both were D.I.D. chains for CB450. The local shop I use is a salvage yard, I never go to the Honda dealer, those guys suck and will only deal with bikes up to 10 years old.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It's only a common or garden variety 219 chain. Grab one for almost any bike along with a matching link. I use SR500 Yamaha flat sided chains on my race bikes but 219 chain are available in two or three strengths and for the street, almost anything is adequate.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It's only a common or garden variety 219 chain. Grab one for almost any bike along with a matching link. I use SR500 Yamaha flat sided chains on my race bikes but 219 chain are available in two or three strengths and for the street, almost anything is adequate.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
CB750 SOHC chain is too long, get one and a rivet link.
Cut to length and fit link. (grind ends off pins and tap out)
Broken bolt is pretty common, as long as you haven't snapped easy out in there, it will be easier to remove when case is split.
You don't need a 'new' lower case.

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
CB750 SOHC chain is too long, get one and a rivet link.
Cut to length and fit link. (grind ends off pins and tap out)
Broken bolt is pretty common, as long as you haven't snapped easy out in there, it will be easier to remove when case is split.
You don't need a 'new' lower case.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did snap an easy out. the other reason for the new lower case was i had broken off the stop on the inside for the kicker spindle. Right above where the springs attaches for the kicker

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i did snap an easy out. the other reason for the new lower case was i had broken off the stop on the inside for the kicker spindle. Right above where the springs attaches for the kicker

1 - 9 of 9 Posts