Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My boss just bought me a cb360 and while I've been into morotcycles for a long time, it is my first. I've started doing the work it needs that I know how to do and I want to put my new alternater on but I don't know how. If someone could give me a little walk through I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Graham

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there is probably a puller you'll need to get it off. the puller makes it about 100 times easier to remove though. just unbolt the cover, and use the puller to remove it.

j

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
there is probably a puller you'll need to get it off. the puller makes it about 100 times easier to remove though. just unbolt the cover, and use the puller to remove it.

j

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Makes sense, any tips to improve handing? I live in a really "twisty" area of mountinas and i need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes sense, any tips to improve handing? I live in a really "twisty" area of mountinas and i need all the help I can get.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
id start with some decent shocks. good tires. brakes. maybe steering stem bearings, and swing arm bearings. change the fork oil. you can buy a 2-1 pipe for that from mac still, which is a bonus. but the best thing to have is good gear. good gloves, good leather jacket, fullface helmet boots, and jeans, at least. remember, all the good handling in the world doesnt prevent a serious case of roadrash. and there will be plenty of people taking care of the statistics this spring. then you can move to better brakes/front end and motor work. sporty seat, clubmans or full on clipons etc...etc...etc... shocks tires, brakes and bearings will set you back a few hundred at least. but it'll make a huge difference if you have the old crap on there.

hows that for a start??

j

Edited by - joe c on Apr 08 2004 9:17:35 PM

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
id start with some decent shocks. good tires. brakes. maybe steering stem bearings, and swing arm bearings. change the fork oil. you can buy a 2-1 pipe for that from mac still, which is a bonus. but the best thing to have is good gear. good gloves, good leather jacket, fullface helmet boots, and jeans, at least. remember, all the good handling in the world doesnt prevent a serious case of roadrash. and there will be plenty of people taking care of the statistics this spring. then you can move to better brakes/front end and motor work. sporty seat, clubmans or full on clipons etc...etc...etc... shocks tires, brakes and bearings will set you back a few hundred at least. but it'll make a huge difference if you have the old crap on there.

hows that for a start??

j

Edited by - joe c on Apr 08 2004 9:17:35 PM

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds great, I won't be able to start riding for about a month for other reasons so I think I'm gonna work on making it into a cafe, seems like a good warmup project as for this summers plans :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts