Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Folks,
I know that I asked a couple weeks ago about racing a CB360T and got a ton of comments... the best was "search on this topic, it was covered years ago". Well I thought twice and now would like to offer a FREE CB360T, including shipping (if Craig will haul it to the track for me... which is doubtful considering the condition of the junk he normally hauls for me). The bike is a runner, but has been sitting for 2 years, carbs and tank probably need cleaning, but it is a real running bike all there, not rusty crap, I can even find the title.

The Strings - It must be built into a running Formula CB race bike and raced by July 1st 2009. So you have 13 months to get it out there. I'd especially encourage rookies or non-racers to take me up on this offer, instead the the folks who already are racing. Also if you have a friend / son / daughter that you'd like to get into racing, That would be cool with me.

The other string... I would be interested in trading for a complete with good crank DS7 / R5 / RD350 Bottom End... but that's just me being greedy, since its free.

We need more students in the school next year, and this is your bike.

Contact me at ksmolenski @ Yahoo dot com to get in line, I will offer it to people in order of receipt of emails.

Peace
Karl Smolenski
Ithaca, NY

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
quote:Originally posted by joe c

Someones gotta do it.

jc
Hell, it sounds like the bike is running better in its current shape than my FCBer. :) I agree, this sounds like a project for someone who has more knowledge, time and commitment than I and its free! Someons gotta do it!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Folks,
I ran it up the road the other day, and it accelerated briskly to 45mph and then just sort of goes Uhhhhh, so I'm pretty sure the petcock, or carbs are dirty and fuel flow is restricted...

See I'm hoping if I do something good in this world, then Johnny Branson will sell me Mary's bike and you know good Karma.

Peace
Karl

·
Registered
504 Posts
Karl,
The new rookie racer/pastor Larry Clouse can't stop grinning. He's not telling his parishoners what he's doing and not having our races on Sundays works great for him. His Buddy Steve would take that bike off your hands. The bike Steve brought to the school wasn't too good. I can help them get it ready and it might even make it to the next race.

FC

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I declare Frank the winner, since it sounds like it will be passed on to some of the new USCRA race school students right away... I'll see if we can get the bike delivered up to the track for the June Event.

Karl

1 - 7 of 7 Posts