Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i start the bike up, it will run with a little throttle for a bit, and then it will bog down and die. Restart it and will run for a bit dies.... Same thing everytime.

Is it a mixture issue? the plugs didn't look to hot I think it could be running lean but Just want to confirm that that is a potential issue. how do i adjust the mixture if that is the case?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
How long do you have to wait to restart it(seconds or minutes)?

Sounds like a fuel delivery issue. Inside of the tank clean? Did this start all of the sudden?First thing would be to pull the line off the petcock and check fuel flow. Then look at the carbs.

How's the clutch?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the clutch isn't that great... that ball was in there and everything, but i haven't had an opportunity to look beyond that due to a ridiculous work sched. Im doing this build with a friend and this is just some stuff that he's noticed. The petcock is new, im thinking its something carb related. maybe a leaky airbox. Pardon my ignorance towards these bikes and asking so many stupid questions, this is the first time i've really dove into something of this mechanical nature.

·
Registered
3,453 Posts
First things first. Make sure you have a good battery, with a good charge. If it's an old battery, not holding a good charge, you're going to have trouble making it run.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts