Cafe Racer Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I’m new to here and new to the whole cafe racer build idea. I have a local workshop pulling together, or apart, a 2002 CB400 (N39) and have seen some great looking bikes with inverted forks. I’m fortunately neither the workshop or I really know what parts I’m going to need to where I’m going to find them. I’ve seen a couple of companies in the US that can provide a full kit of new and reconditioned custom parts, but the cost is pretty prohibitive, particularly for a first build and given I need to add shipping of all that weight to Hong Kong.

That said, I’m wondering if any of you good people have done the swap on the same bike using parts from donor bikes and if anyone would be able to share an ideal parts list.

Failing that, anybody know of an source in this part of the world that could pull a kit together for a sensible price.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
allballsracing.com

It has a page for fork conversions.

What's important is knowing the bearing sizes for your machine and the size for the front end your looking to purchase. Then you can see what pops up and know if it would work for you or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts