Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exactly what the titles says... Made for me by Hoyt McKagen a few years back. Meant to keep the oil off your crank mounted ignition. I'm thinking it'll go for $100 on EBay, but that place is crazy. Kit contains plate, crank seal, crank seal holder, and gasket for the crank seal holder.

FR, make an offer.

I'm parting out all my CB450 stuff, too. Send emails with requests.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Um...
If you can sell it on egay, do it. I'm still half-hearted about the CB450 project. I need to make it go, then decide if it's worth spending real money on. Can that plate be installed with the engine in the frame?
If so, I'd consider it, but I still have to find a iggy.
See, I can't make up my mind. Yeah, no. Maybe...
Thanks Unga

FR

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Um...
If you can sell it on egay, do it. I'm still half-hearted about the CB450 project. I need to make it go, then decide if it's worth spending real money on. Can that plate be installed with the engine in the frame?
Thanks Unga

FR

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
quote:
Um...
Thanks Unga
Well, I couldn't make up my mind about it for a long time too. The CB450 is a weird bike, even if it does share a bunch of parts with the CB500T. I was considering racing mine for a while, then thought better of it. I had a ton of RD350/400 parts, and decided to stick with what I know.

But, yes, it can be installed with the engine in the frame. It fits under the left side cover. Crank triggered ignitions are supposedly better than cam triggered ignitions because it has a direct relationship with the position of the pistons. The blockoff plate will allow you to crank timing without having to drain the oil, and help the ignition live longer since it won't be bathed in hot oil.

Funny thing: I sold my 450 big bore kit (488cc or something) to that Italian guy that makes all the nice (and expensive) CB450 race parts.

·
Registered
8,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
quote:
Um...
Thanks Unga
Well, I couldn't make up my mind about it for a long time too. The CB450 is a weird bike, even if it does share a bunch of parts with the CB500T. I was considering racing mine for a while, then thought better of it. I had a ton of RD350/400 parts, and decided to stick with what I know.

But, yes, it can be installed with the engine in the frame. It fits under the left side cover. Crank triggered ignitions are supposedly better than cam triggered ignitions because it has a direct relationship with the position of the pistons. The blockoff plate will allow you to crank timing without having to drain the oil, and help the ignition live longer since it won't be bathed in hot oil.

Funny thing: I sold my 450 big bore kit (488cc or something) to that Italian guy that makes all the nice (and expensive) CB450 race parts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts