Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping forks, mostly because these are getting rusted out, and I'm worried about safety / performance (much less concerned with appearance).

Problem is, I'm very new to motorcycling in general, and certainly to modding / mechanics, and no idea where to start with research / reading.

Can anyone suggest good / relevant reading and parts that are specific to CB500?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just picked up a used 1972 CB500, and I'm curious / interested in swapping forks, mostly because these are getting rusted out, and I'm worried about safety / performance (much less concerned with appearance).

Problem is, I'm very new to motorcycling in general, and certainly to modding / mechanics, and no idea where to start with research / reading.

Can anyone suggest good / relevant reading and parts that are specific to CB500?
Are you going to subsitute that forks with something newer or just make them works? Because if you want I have a pair of Marzocchi coming from a Morini Corsaro 1200 with 50mm diameter stem.

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,988 Posts
Are you going to subsitute that forks with something newer or just make them works? Because if you want I have a pair of Marzocchi coming from a Morini Corsaro 1200 with 50mm diameter stem.

Inviato dal mio G8141 utilizzando Tapatalk
Nice forks! but his existing front end only has 35mm stanchion tubes. He might as well just buy a modern bike rolling chassis and try to jam his old bone motor into it.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
If your new to bikes and mechanics buy an newer, roadworthy bike and learn to ride and maintain it. The only thing less fun then an undependable bike is a poorly modified undependable one.

If you are bent on throwing away good money and won't send it to me, then here is some reading. https://sites.google.com/site/alansdocuments/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts