Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where i can find some aftermarket exhaust systems? Also besides the CB450t what other models share the same exhaust?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
I bought a 2 into 1 from Hooker Headers when they were closing out all their motorcycle stuff (well their non-Harley stuff that is) and they turn up on Ebay every so often. I have heard that the 500T actually makes more power with individual pipes on each cylinder. I wonder if a later model CB450's header pipes would fit the CB500T? Then you could adapt some universal mufflers or maybe some Supertrapps?

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
If he does that it'll cost more than any reasonable person would pay. :) I've got two thoughts: One, if you don't like the 500T headers (they have that funny collector thingy), they're a direct swap for any of the 450 stuff including the CLs. My temptation would be to take 450 headers over to a muffler shop, have them put a 30' bend in the pipes about 6 inches back from the muffler and stick some shorty reverse cones on there. There you have it - cheap upswept cones.

A

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased 450 exhaust and can say they are not replacements for 500T. The end that attaches to the motor is a different design and a smaller diameter. The curvature is also slightly different and interferes with the back brake pedal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts