Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I recently bought a 1974 cb550 that unfortunately has 4 emgo pods installed into it. When I cleaned out the carbs it had 115 mains but that was the only jetting change I saw, along with a 4 into 1 R.C. exhaust. So now I'm looking for options about what to do next, would the jetting be changed if I kept this exhaust but put on a stock airbox? If I'm going to have to mess around with the jetting anyways then I'd rather go ahead and buy good filters or velocity stacks instead, I just personally like them better. For now though I'd like to take a shot at an airbox instead, anyone know where I can get one??

·
Registered
325 Posts
I may pick a cb550 for its front end, the bike is the supersport version with a 4 into 1 from honda.
If i take the bike i will part it out.
Marc

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be fantastic if you do, I haven't had much luck online so far so I may be going to a salvage yard around here when I get a chance. Anybody have ideas about the jetting?

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Swap 115 for 105 if your using stock airbox and non stock exhaust (if it has baffles?)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No baffle in my exhaust and I can't find one online anywhere for the R.C., it isn't too obnoxious yet though. Should a 115 stay in then?? I am running rich as it is now with these crappy pods

1 - 6 of 6 Posts