Cafe Racer Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bot what you expect, 2001? GSXR750 motor, swing arm and forks, etc.
Came off a track bike
Definitely different ;)

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
What does that frame do when you release the 140 ponies? Besides mufflers I'd like to see some stiffening of the frame

·
Registered
199 Posts
The frame is painted the same colour as Bianchi bicycles, that stiffens it plenty and unlike welding tubes and gussets its light weight. Is there no one else who thinks this bike is awesome?

·
Registered
745 Posts
dare i say that as fucked up as i find the thing, it's still, better than the hawk in the background. or any other background to be blatant.

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
different - yes

awesome - yes

pretty - um....er....not really

the geometry feels off to me for some reason. could just be the wide angle lens the photog shot it with.

The tank cutout also baffles me, esp since it is an FI bike and the line to the pump comes from the rear of the tank aft of the cutout. If there was a worse place for it I cannot think of one.

that rear cowl is so ugly I want to punch someone in the face.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
With a pair of lower power beer goggles it kind of has that Ducati GT look to it. The tank has to be a little bit bigger.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Am I missing something here? Where’s the fuel cut off valves?

·
Registered
199 Posts
I think the gas tank is cutout the same way on the other side as well to clear the intake horns, and yes, the fuel line exiting on the side of the tank where your thigh is going to reside is probably not great idea. Otherwise I love it and it is unlikely to have Ducati like " no feel from the front end due to too stiff a frame " problems.

·
Registered
745 Posts
so feel and flex are bedpartners? inverted commas intone sarcasm but hard to tell.

·
Registered
222 Posts
All the stupid shit this bike has they left out balls! it would have given me something to punch for it existing.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doesn't need a shut off valve with fuel injection.
Tube at rear of tank is fuel return.
Headlight is off a Victory or 'new' Indian, I forget what he said
Front end/forks look 'squashed' because it's using 'new' style forks.
Less offset on forks gives more trail (better high speed stability though)
Lack of airbox (and 'ram air) means power will be substantially lower than 140bhp (probably still around 100+ ?)
Engine is a stressed member in the Suzuki, builder did the same with it so frame is going to be relatively flex free.
For around $2,000 total it's pretty cool (although it probably has 600~1000 hrs?)
He said tank has about 100 hrs in it.
Apparently it has a complete build at DTT but I haven't looked for it

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
I find this bike to be stupid in every aspect. I don't even like the paint. There is no sense of unity to it, at all. It looks like somebody decided to use all the parts and all the ideas they ever had and stick them all in one place with no regard to whether they would work together or not.

Ken

I hate it!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I like the bike, its GSXR750 motor stuffed in monoshocked CB650 Custom. It looks exactly like what it is. Looks to be very cleanly done. Beats the crap out of CB750 with knee dents, 16" rear wheel and shiny pant job that everybody was comming in there pants on SOHC4 board couple of days ago. If this bike works well, then short of silly things like the fuel level sight glass and the fork gaiters and yes, slicks, its cool as hell. Little goofy looking? OK.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Does ram air really do anything? I mean you would have to riding above 60mph for a start, and surely the air box would not compress anything really. I mean how much PSI could be upped?

I love the title though. Ram Air. Sounds like something Technoviking would say. I also love how Kawasaki put those tiny metal plates in the inlet tract of the zx7 to bounce sound waves towards the rider, making the intake noise sound epic. Wasn't that all their ram air did? (I think that's secretly awesome).

Oh and this bike? I mean, what the hell. If you're a little crazy and you make this thing, what the hell. It's hideous IMHO, and it would be strange as shit to ride, cold tires or hot. I just hope his frame doesn't spaghetti on him whilst he is riding it.

Why 'cyclist' on that hideous ass seat?

·
Registered
23,303 Posts
On the airplane, we usually see a 5-6 knot increase but to be fair we are moving close to 200kts and the runners are really long since the naca ducts are in the tail.

The old magazine testers saw a mph difference testing the 1970 SS396 at Daytona, it was only above 100 mph and only 2 or 3 mph but we are talking about a 4000lbs brick.

·
Registered
13,809 Posts
i cant even come up with something to say. im speechless.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
quote:Originally posted by kenessex

It looks like somebody decided to use all the parts and all the ideas they ever had

Ken

I hate it!
Hi Ken, tell us how you really feel :D
Kid who built it looked about 19,(but was probably 20~22?)
He got what parts he could when he could and, looking at it 'in person' he did a pretty good job and actually thought about frame stiffness, etc.
Used stock Suzuki suspension geometry but obviously with a longer wheelbase

quote:Originally posted by cb650pk

I think the gas tank is cutout the same way on the other side as well to clear the intake horns, and yes, the fuel line exiting on the side of the tank where your thigh is going to reside is probably not great idea. Otherwise I love it and it is unlikely to have Ducati like " no feel from the front end due to too stiff a frame " problems.
I never noticed Ducati frame was too still and bike lacked feel? (at least not 916)
You do need to be 'on the gas' to make it work properly though
The tank is cut away both sides to clear throttle bodies I have a pic of the other side but didn't put it on photobucket
The tyres are someone's track day take off's, that was obvious as soon as I saw them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts